- Be humble
- Keep talking to a minimum when an instructor is demonstrating a technique
- Absolutely no coaching your children or other students during class
- Practice the technique that was taught in class. Save the one you saw on youtube for training or open mat
- Grappling is a close contact sport, respect your training partners and maintain good hygiene.
- Wash your gi and training gear after every practice. If you train frequently it’s a good idea to have a couple of gis in a rotation.
- Shower as soon as possible after every class.
- Toothpaste, mints or mouthwash are a great addition to your gym bag.
- Talons are for birds of prey. Keep toenails and fingernails trimmed. For your safety and the safety of others.
- All jewelry and piercings should be removed before training
- Shoes, food, and drinks are not allowed on the mat.
- Always wear shoes or sandals when you are off the mat. We strive to provide a safe and clean training environment. There are always sandals at the side of the mat.
- Stay off the mat if you are sick.
- In sparring we don’t win or lose, we learn. Do not celebrate taps. In the academy, you do not have an opponent you have a training partner with a shared goal.
- Respect your training partner’s goals. Not every round needs to be to the death.
- Have Fun!
ON AND OFF THE MAT